Dexus creates 'BIG Change for small change' in Australian first charity event
19 September 2017
Dexus creates ‘BIG Change for small change’ in Australian first charity event
From Thursday 21 September 2017, Dexus retail shopping centres will host a one-day community event nationally that aims to give back and make a difference to the lives of young families and children by supporting the important work of local hospitals and children’s wards around the country.
In what’s believed to be a first for an Australian retail property group, 10 Dexus managed shopping centres located across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia will charge a gold coin donation upon entry to the centre on this community day.
Up to 1,500 children aged under 10 are admitted to hospitals throughout Australia every day1. Raising money for local hospitals to support children and families is therefore as important to our local communities as ever.
All funds raised within the centres will be donated to the local hospital in their trade area to support a range of paediatric service and children’s health care initiatives, such as the revitalisation of a children’s garden in Mount Druitt, New South Wales through to the purchase of a new electronic bed for the children’s ward at GV Health Hospital, Shepparton Victoria.
“Supporting local families with young children is central to our portfolio of shopping centres located across Australia. This is an important way Dexus can make a difference to the lives of so many families and children throughout our wider community,” said Dexus National Retail Marketing Manager, Ben Hughes.
Each centre will be transformed with ‘BIG Change for small change’ entrance theming, special offers from retailers and a program of free entertainment and events.
“The response we’ve had from our retailers, local community organisations and media partners has been overwhelming. Our focus at Dexus is to deliver localised retail experiences through our centres every day, and with the support of our local community partners, we aim to create BIG Change for small change,” said Ben Hughes.
‘BIG Change for small change’ will be delivered at the following centres from Thursday 21 September:
- Smithfield Shopping Centre, Cairns, supporting the Far North Queensland Hospital Fund
- Willows Shopping Centre, Townsville, supporting the Townsville Hospital Foundation
- Tweed City Shopping Centre, Tweed Heads South, supporting Tweed Heads Hospital
- Beenleigh Marketplace, Beenleigh, supporting Logan Hospital
- Deepwater Plaza, Woy Woy, supporting Gosford and Wyong Hospitals
- Plumpton Marketplace, Plumpton, supporting Mount Druitt Hospital
- Sturt Mall, Wagga Wagga, supporting Wagga Wagga Rural Referral Hospital
- Shepparton Marketplace, Shepparton, supporting GV Health Hospital
- QV Melbourne, supporting Royal Children’s Hospital
- Carillon City, Perth, supporting Perth Children’s Hospital
More information on the program of events can be found at each centre website (via the links above).
Head of Listed Investor Relations