5 Martin Place, Sydney
5 Martin Place is a first-class office building that marries the contemporary needs of today's businesses with the desire to celebrate and honour Sydney’s past.
The modern design includes a new tower with an 11-storey central atrium ‘light well’ and triple height foyer. 5 Martin Place’s heritage component has been thoughtfully updated while retaining its distinctive features such as the sandstone and marble façade and marble clad stairs.
5 Martin Place offers 19 levels of Premium office space with 1,100-2,400 square metres typical floor plates. The upper floors benefit from a full-height glass façade that fills the workspaces with natural light and offer views over Martin Place and the CBD.
The building occupies a prominent corner position within Martin Place and sustainability is at the core of its design with the building achieving a 5 Star (Office Design v3) and a 5 Star (Office As Built v3) Green Star ratings as well as a 5-Star NABERS Energy rating through initiatives such as multi-service chilled beams, a high efficiency façade and sensor lighting controls.
- Prominent corner location in Martin Place
- Modern design that pays tribute to the past
- Large light filled atrium and triple height foyer
- Building typePremium Grade - office
- Site area (hectares)0.3
- Lettable area ('000sqm)33.3
- Lettable area adjusted for ownership ('000sqm)8.3
- Typical floor area (sqm)1,100-2,400
- Number of buildings1
- Car parking spaces10
- Year built1916/2015
- Major tenantAshurst
- Ownership (%)25
- Co-ownerDexus Office Partner, Cbus Property
- Metro areaSydney CBD
- ZoningB8 Metropolitan Centre
- Acquisition dateApril 2014
- Book value at ownership ($m)179.5
- Independent valuation dateJune 2019
- Independent valuation at ownership ($m)179.5
- Market cap rate (%)4.75
- Initial yield (%)4.79
- Leased by area (%)100
- Weighted lease term by income (years)6.5
- NABERS Energy rating (with Green Power)5.5
- NABERS Energy rating (without Green Power)5.5
- NABERS Water rating4.0
- Green Star rating5.0 Star (Office Design v3), 5.0 Star (Office As Built v3)