Tweed City Shopping Centre
Tweed City Shopping Centre is a well-established regional centre located in the picturesque coastal town of Tweed Heads in northern NSW. Given its closeness to the Gold Coast, Tweed Heads has a shared economy with Coolangatta and benefits from strong all-year-round and seasonal trade and the strength of the regional economy in south-eastern Queensland and northern NSW.
Expansion of the centre by approximately by adding a new mini major and entertainment/leisure area to become a classified regional shopping centre recently completed.
The centre is spread across a convenient single level with a large central food court and Hoyts cinema complex. Major retailers include Coles and Woolworths supermarkets, Kmart, Big W, six mini majors and over 150 specialty retailers.
The centre can be accessed by road from the M1 via Minjungbal Drive and has car parking for up to 2,200 vehicles, 750 of which are undercover.
- Prominent town centre location
- Master plan consent achieved
- Strong year round and seasonal trade
- Building typeSub Regional shopping centre
- Site area (hectares)13.7
- Lettable area ('000sqm)52.1
- Lettable area adjusted for ownership ('000sqm)52.1
- Car parking spaces2200
- Year built1982
- Ownership (%)100
- Metro areaTweed Heads
- ZoningB3 Commercial Core
- Acquisition dateJuly 1983
- NABERS Energy rating (with Green Power)4.0
- NABERS Energy rating (without Green Power)4.0
- NABERS Water rating4.0