Flinders Gate Complex
The Flinders Gate office complex currently comprises two boutique buildings and adjoins Melbourne's renowned Adelphi Hotel. The complex is currently undergoing a redevelopment.
180 Flinders Street offers new A-grade office space in Melbourne’s most central location, due for completion August 2020. Retaining the historic facade to the lower floors, the new 700sqm floor plates offer a magnificent outlook to Flinders Street through character filled windows that flood the floors with natural light. The new upper floors offer views over the Cathedral, Southgate and the Domain.
The adjoining building at 189 Flinders Lane presents refurbished office space positioned on Melbourne’s most iconic laneway, with some of the city's best restaurants, bars and hidden gems just downstairs.
Directly opposite Federation Square and diagonally opposite Flinders Street Station, 180 Flinders could not be better serviced for transport, with immediate access to the M1, the Airport and the Southeast via the Exhibition Street Extension. On completion, Town Hall Station will be accessible immediately to the north of the building via Flinders Lane. Swanston Street, Melbourne’s busiest tram corridor sits on the doorstep.
A 5-level atrium will bring natural light into the core of the building and our customers will benefit from enhanced amenity including a range of new retail and high-quality end-of-trip facilities. The development is targeting 5 star NABERS Energy and Green Star Design and as Built ratings.
- Restored heritage facade
- Iconic Flinders Lane address
- Expansive view towards the Yarra
- Building typeB Grade - office
- Site area (hectares)0.4
- Lettable area ('000sqm)20.2
- Lettable area adjusted for ownership ('000sqm)20.2
- Typical floor area (sqm)650
- Number of buildings2
- Year built1920
- Major tenantJohn Holland
- Ownership (%)100
- Metro areaMelbourne CBD
- ZoningCapital City Zone (CCZ1)
- Acquisition dateMarch 1999
- Book value at ownership ($m)178.6
- Independent valuation dateJune 2019
- Independent valuation at ownership ($m)178.6
- Market cap rate (%)5.25
- Leased by area (%)81
- Weighted lease term by income (years)6.4
- NABERS Energy rating (with Green Power)Exempt
- NABERS Energy rating (without Green Power)Exempt
- NABERS Water ratingNR