Flinders Gate Complex
The Flinders Gate office complex currently comprises two boutique buildings and a multideck carpark and adjoins Melbourne's renowned Adelphi Hotel. The complex was recently redeveloped in 2020.
180 Flinders Street offers new A-grade office space in Melbourne’s most central location, completed in August 2020. Retaining the historic facade to the lower floors, the new floor plates offer a magnificent outlook to Flinders Street through character filled windows that flood the floors with natural light. The new upper floors offer views over the Cathedral, Southgate and the Domain.
The adjoining building at 189 Flinders Lane presents refurbished office space positioned on Melbourne’s most iconic laneway, with some of the city's best restaurants, bars and hidden gems just downstairs.
Directly opposite Federation Square and diagonally opposite Flinders Street Station, 180 Flinders could not be better serviced for transport, with immediate access to the M1, the Airport and the Southeast via the Exhibition Street Extension. On completion, Town Hall Station will be accessible immediately to the north of the building via Flinders Lane. Swanston Street, Melbourne’s busiest tram corridor sits on the doorstep.
A 5-level atrium brings natural light into the core of the building and our customers will benefit from enhanced amenity including a range of new retail and high-quality end-of-trip facilities. The development is targeting 5 star NABERS Energy and Green Star Design and as Built ratings.
- Restored heritage facade
- Iconic Flinders Lane address
- Expansive view towards the Yarra
- Building typeA Grade - office
- Year built1920
- Metro areaMelbourne CBD
- ZoningCapital City Zone (CCZ1)
- Site area (hectares)0.4
- Lettable area ('000sqm)20.3
- Lettable area adjusted for ownership ('000sqm)20.3
- Number of buildings2
- Typical floor area (sqm)650
- Ownership (%)100
- Major tenantJohn Holland
- Acquisition dateMarch 1999
- Book value at ownership ($m)332.0
- Independent valuation dateDecember 2021
- Independent valuation at ownership ($m)332.0
- Market cap rate (%)4.75
- Initial yield (%)4.52
- Leased by area (%)93
- Weighted lease term by income (years)6.6
- NABERS Energy rating (with Green Power)172 Ineligible, 189 Ineligible
- NABERS Energy rating (without Green Power)172 Ineligible, 189 Ineligible
- NABERS Indoor Environment172F Ineligible, 189F Ineligible
- NABERS Waste172 Ineligible, 189 Ineligible
- NABERS Water rating172 Ineligible, 189 Ineligible