Corporate Policies - Environmental Standard
At DEXUS, we aim to minimise the overall environmental impact of our operations, in the development, management and refurbishment of properties.
We recognise we have a duty of care to our investors, tenants, employees, agents and the wider community to sustain and protect the environment during the management of our property portfolio, and ensure environmental obligations receive equal importance to our commercial and competitive obligations. To this end, DEXUS has a detailed management system for the environmental management of our property portfolio. Through this system DEXUS:
- facilitates the identification and implementation of legislative requirements and best practices and requires ongoing compliance with relevant legislation and regulations
- strives to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise our environmental footprint
- ensures that all employees, agents, contractors, service providers and tenants are aware of the impact of their actions on the environment, and
- uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that they are appropriately trained and motivated to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner, and
- compliant with or exceed the requirements of relevant environmental legislation and DEXUS’s commitment to improving our environmental performance
- seeks to ensure our environmental programs are successful and we meet our environmental obligations
- identifies, manages and monitors potential risks and opportunities presented by climate change at our properties
- actively promotes and develops initiatives to improve the environmental performance of our portfolio and its impacts on the environment
- actively involves and takes into consideration the views of interested parties
- provides transparent monitoring and reporting of our environmental performance
- ensures that this Policy is available to the public, tenants, agents, contractors, service providers, suppliers and other interested stakeholders.
We believe that teamwork is essential in everything we do. While management plays a key role in the responsible environmental management of our portfolio, success can only be achieved when responsibility is shared between management, employees, tenants, contractors and service providers.
Head of Risk & Compliance
7 February 2017