Our vision is to be globally recognised as Australia’s leading real estate company.
Our strategy is to deliver superior risk adjusted returns for investors from high quality real estate in Australia's major cities.
Delivering superior risk-adjusted returns means outperforming the relevant three and five year benchmarks in each market in which Dexus owns or manages properties while providing Dexus Security holders with sustainable and growing distributions.
We have two key strategic objectives that underpin this strategy:
- Being the leading owner and manager of Australian office property
- Being the wholesale partner of choice in Australian property
Leadership in office is an aspiration that is supported by our scale. As the largest office owner and manager in Australia, we have scale that provides many advantages.
Our scale supports the generation of investment outperformance, through providing valuable customer insights and the opportunity to invest in people, systems and technologies that enhance our customers’ experience. It also enhances our ability to find the ideal workspace solution for customers and generates cost efficiencies.
Our objectives of leadership in office and funds management partner of choice complement each other. Our success in the office sector has enabled Dexus to attract investment partners not just in office, but also in the industrial, and healthcare sectors, in turn providing the opportunity to drive investment performance for those clients.
How our business creates value
Our strategy is underpinned by our business activities of developing, managing and transacting properties.
To generate superior risk-adjusted returns for investors it is necessary that for each asset we own or manage, we maximise cash flow and unlock value over the investment lifecycle.
We do this through applying our transactional, asset and property management expertise to drive earnings and create value across three areas of focus:
- Property portfolio - the largest driver of value and contains the Dexus office and industrial portfolios
- Funds Management - provides access to wholesale sources of capital and a steady annuity-style income stream
- Trading - packaging of investment opportunities to generate trading profits
What sets Dexus apart?
- High performing, engaged and diverse workforce
- Quality real estate portfolio across key Australian cities
- Funds management business with access to diverse sources of capital
- Pipeline of development opportunities to create value over the long term
- Customer centric focus
Long-term value creation
To support long-term value creation, we consider corporate responsibility and sustainability an integral part of our business activities. Our approach supports our strategy through the overarching goal of delivering sustained value for all stakeholders. The outcomes we seek to achieve are as follows: