Dexus takes an active role in contributing to the Australian cities in which we operate. We manage a portfolio of high quality offices located in key CBD capitals and is the largest manager of office property in Australia. Dexus engages with local authorities to achieve the best outcomes for our customers and the wider community, enhancing the permeability and vibrancy of precincts through activation of retail areas, office lobbies and laneways, and connecting people with places.
What is a Leading City?
Leading cities accommodate a range of business and recreational activities to create vibrant, stable and safe environments. They provide activated streetscapes where buildings connect seamlessly with the public domain and places for the community to connect and interact. Leading cities are liveable cities that foster buzzing culinary scenes, laneway cultures and festivals, provide diversified retail, offer green space and public spaces, and are serviced by efficient transport systems. They support economic growth through attracting investment and talent.
Dexus applies a focused approach to shaping Australia's cities for competitiveness and as desirable places to work and live through:
- Building symbiotic city partnerships
- Creating vibrant cities
- Contributing to sustainable cities
- Showcasing cultural destinations
- Developing innovative, connected city spaces
- Improve the vibrancy of nine CBD spaces through the redevelopment of nine city retail spaces, providing customers and the surrounding community with reasons to engage, over a three-year period 2015-2018
- Collaborate with stakeholders to invest in the cities of the future by unlocking potential value and enabling sustainable urbanisation through the activation of six sites within the existing portfolio by 2022
Dexus has identified the material issues of community contribution and sustainable procurement as key issues that reflect priorities for Dexus's stakeholders and its business and relate to its sustainability objective of Leading Cities.
- Dexus engages with the community through corporate social responsibility programs and providing spaces servicing the wider community
- Dexus effectively manages supply chain risks in relation to environmental, social and governance issues and identifies opportunities to create value in partnership with