Preparing our customers for the future through enabling flexibility, productivity and growth
FY16 Performance Against Commitments
= Achieved = Not Achieved = Underway
|Expand Dexus’s online tenant portal to all of the Group’s office properties, creating a virtual eco-system for networking and commerce||Expanded Dexus’s online tenant portal to 15 Dexus managed office properties, creating a virtual eco-system for networking and commerce|
|Enhance annual collection of customer loyalty metrics including tenant satisfaction, net promotion, incentive, tenant growth and retention to enable Dexus to better meet its customers’ needs||Enhanced collection of customer loyalty metrics to enable Dexus to better meet customers’ needs through engaging providers to collect data and enhancing technology|
|Expand the state-of-the-art premium meeting, training and conference facilities, Dexus Place, into two additional markets to empower customers to connect, collaborate and grow||Expanded the state-of-the-art premium meeting, training and conference offering, Dexus Place, to Brisbane and Melbourne, empowering Dexus’s customers to connect, collaborate and grow|
|Digitally enable Dexus-managed retail centres to better engage with their customers and access data analytics to assist in understanding customer behaviours||Identified technology that will digitally enable Dexus’s retail centres to better engage with their customers and access data analytics to assist in understanding customer behaviours|
Refer to the 2016 Dexus Annual Report for more information.
Dexus Occupancy and Retention
|Occupancy by area|
|Occupancy by income|
- Excludes CPA properties.
Tenant Satisfaction and Engagement
|Survey participation rate|
- Range between 1 and 10.
Commentary and Methodology
Dexus amended the tenant satisfaction survey methodology in FY13 to better identify opportunities in which it can improve tenant satisfaction. FY16 results are directly comparable to results from FY13 onwards.
The following enhancements were made to the tenant satisfaction survey in FY13:
- Survey questions were refined in order to facilitate the collection of more relevant information
- Scoring methodology and weighting was changed to utilise a combined portfolio average in order to derive a weighted performance score
- A performance scale ranging from 1 to 10 for the overall results was adopted
The FY16 tenant satisfaction survey was conducted online with approximately 1,700 customers invited to respond. The overall satisfaction score improved from 7.9 to 8.0 across 628 respondents and 39% of respondents were classed as highly satisfied (rating a 9 or 10).
The service satisfaction among office customers improved by +0.1 to 8.1 out of 10, while it has improved by +0.2 to 7.6 among industrial customers. The overall Net Promoter Score (NPS) has also seen an improvement (+23 to +27).
Commentary and Methodology
Dexus has incorporated a standard green lease clause into new leases across the portfolio and monitors the take-up of this clause by tenants across each portfolio.
The total portfolio take-up of new leases containing green lease clauses for FY16 was 88%, representing a 14% improvement against FY15. The retail portfolio has maintained its high rate of take-up of green leases by tenants achieving 95% take up, while the take-up of green leases across the office portfolio improved by 11% to achieve 91% take up.
Tenant Sustainability and Amenity
Dexus works closely with tenants and other stakeholders to improve tenants’ sustainability performance and awareness as well as delivering new products and services to improve tenant amenity and wellbeing.
In FY16 this activity included:
- Collaboration with City Switch, a national tenant energy efficiency program, both as a signatory and a landlord to drive tenant activity in sustainability and energy efficiency
- Promotion of Dexus’s green building committees and other programs, including involvement in the 2016 Earth Hour campaign, NABERS Energy and NABERS Water ratings and sharing of information regarding general building sustainability performance and updates
- Expanded Dexus Place, a state-of-the-art premium meeting, training and conference facility with the latest collaborative technology. Through Dexus Place customers can conveniently connect in person and in virtual meeting rooms, saving time and avoiding the environmental impacts arising from travel to in-person meetings
- Partnered with GoGet and Divvy, to provide tenants and customers with an access to shared vehicles and an online car park booking system providing instant access to unused car parking spaces in Dexus car parks. These social initiatives provide tenants and customers with flexible vehicle rental and parking options at preferred rates, and enables Dexus to derive additional revenue by increasing car park utilisation
For further information on engaging and enabling tenants, refer to the Dexus website at www.dexus.com
Read more information on the Group's Sustainability Approach, Future Enabled Customers and Disclosures on Management Approach. More information is available in the People and Culture section of the 2016 Dexus Annual Report.