Driven by a commitment to leading best practice in sustainability, Dexus has leveraged the NSW Energy Savings Scheme via energy efficiency upgrades across the portfolio to drive down energy consumption and costs.
- Dexus joined the NSW Energy Savings Scheme in 2011, which aims to reduce electricity consumption by creating financial incentives for businesses to invest in energy saving projects
- Upgraded the building controls system at 44 Market Street, Sydney, including changes to the air delivery system to a variable flow system, resulting in an increase of the NABERS Energy rating from 1.5 stars to 5 stars
- Upgraded the central plant at 45 Clarence Street, Sydney, including controls and retro-commissioning, resulting in a reduction in the building’s energy consumption by almost 50% and achieving electricity savings of 1.7m Kwh per year
- Dexus has created and transacted over $1,720,000 in Energy Savings Certificates (ESCs) through the NSW Energy Savings Scheme since 2011
- Dexus’s focus on sustainability has resulted in a reduction in energy consumption, increasing customer appeal and contributing tenant attraction and retention
As at 30 June 2016.