Dexus is leveraging its retail capabilities by repositioning and enhancing the city retail offer across the Group.
This approach creates value through enhancing tenant amenity and contributes to the vibrancy of the cities in which the properties are located.
Dexus adopted a precinct planning approach which identified potential for retail enhancements in line with developments in the properties’ broader precincts. This included properties owned or co-owned by third party clients located in:
- Martin Place, Sydney – a centrally located precinct which is undergoing a rejuvenation
- Circular Quay, Sydney – a precinct that will benefit from the new light rail infrastructure
- Melbourne CBD
- 5 Martin Place, Sydney
- leased a number of first-to-market retailers including COS, and RIMOWA with Cbus Property
- Gateway, Circular Quay
- achieved approval for a major redevelopment of the Gateway’s retail plaza, converting the existing three storey retail podium into multiple dining precincts, doubling the retail space to more than 4,500 square metres
- secured heads of agreement from Neil Perry’s The Burger Project for new retail space prior to commencement of the redevelopment
- Grosvenor Place, Circular Quay
- commenced construction on the redevelopment of the retail plaza at Grosvenor Place alongside co-owners Investa Office and Arcadia, offering a new indoor and outdoor food and beverage emporium to operate day and night
- secured pre-commitments for Grand Duk, the first of three new retail spaces
- 385 Bourke Street, Melbourne
- secured a lease with Kathmandu for a flagship store at Galleria, delivering on the centre’s targeted tenancy mix of outdoor adventure, lifestyle and health