The completion of a program of sustainability upgrades at Gateway in Sydney achieved energy efficiency outcomes that reduced the impact on the environment and decreased operating expenses.
A number of environmental sustainability initiatives were implemented at the property over a four year period, including:
- A fully integrated Building Management and Control System
- A lighting system upgrade
- Retro-commissioning and rebalancing of air and water systems
- Thermal metering of chillers for retail tenants
- Carbon dioxide sensors
- A car park ventilation co-monitoring system
- A water heating system upgrade
- Lift upgrades
Since the inception of the program in 2010, Gateway’s NABERS Energy rating increased from 3.0 stars to 5.0 stars and its NABERS Water rating improved from 2.5 stars to 3.0 stars.
Energy efficiency improvements have reduced Gateway’s electricity consumption by approximately 27% and gas consumption by 78%, resulting in a 30% saving in total energy expenses and improving tenant appeal.