Smithfield Shopping Centre, Cairns
Smithfield Shopping Centre is the largest shopping centre north of Cairns and lies at the gateway to the Cairns Beaches, Cairns Highlands and Port Douglas. Situated 15km north of Cairns International Airport, the centre is anchored by Coles, Woolworths, Kmart, Event Cinemas and Dan Murphy's, plus over 110 specialty and service retailers.
With a proud history of being a community hub, Smithfield offers shoppers access to fresh food, fashion and a focus on everyday needs in a convenient setting.
In 2017, Smithfield Shopping Centre launched a lifestyle precinct that mirrors the unique spirit of the Northern Beaches. The introduction of a new cinema and outdoor dining offer enhances the retail centre and provides a point of difference in the market, delivering a family friendly, casual dining and leisure offer unparalleled within the area.
Market at a glance
- $1.5 billion in estimated retail sales across the Total Trade Area in 2017.
- Forecast retail sales to increase to $2.2 billion by 2026.
- 105,370 residents estimated in the Total Trade Area.
- $87,998 is the average household income in the Main Trade Area.
- Target customer segments include: couples with dependent children and couples without children.
Source: Location IQ Report, February 2018.
- 4 Majors; Coles, Woolworths, Kmart and Event Cinemas.
- 4 Mini Majors; Best & Less, Dan Murphy’s, The Reject Shop and Overflow.
- Over 125 specialty stores.
- Average $8,454 specialty sales per square metre.
- 1,519 free car spaces.
- 4.5 million people movements a year.
Source: Dexus sales report, February 2018.
Interested in Casual Leasing opportunities? Then get in touch with the PLATFORM team to find out how we can help you showcase your brand to our people.