Knox City Shopping Centre & Knox City Ozone
Knox City is a two level, fully enclosed super-regional shopping centre with a seven level office tower comprising twelve commercial office tenancies. The centre is located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, 26 kilometres from the CBD.
Current major retailers include Myer, Target, Kmart, Harris Scarfe, two Coles supermarkets, Harvey Norman and Toys R Us, plus 16 mini-majors and over 280 specialty stores. Knox Ozone comprises an outdoor leisure, dining and entertainment precinct and is anchored by Village Cinema.
The trade area is considered to have a high level of competition including Eastlands, The Glen, Chadstone and Fountain Gate; and although the available road network and public transport slightly impedes access, the centre is serviced by eleven bus routes and taxis and provides free parking for approximately 6,300 vehicles, 2,700 of which are undercover.
- Sixth largest shopping centre nationally by area
- Strong tenancy mix with department store majors
- Extensive entertainment offer
- DA approval for expansion
- Building typeSuper Regional shopping centre
- Site area (hectares)32.1
- Lettable area ('000sqm)140.8
- Lettable area adjusted for ownership ('000sqm)70.4
- Car parking spaces6235
- Year built1977
- Ownership (%)50
- Metro areaMelbourne, South East
- ZoningCommercial 1
- Acquisition dateSeptember 1997
- NABERS Energy rating (with Green Power)4.5
- NABERS Energy rating (without Green Power)4.5
- NABERS Water rating2.0