20 September 2018
Dexus delivers ‘BIG Change for small change’ with over $51,000 raised for children’s hospitals
For the second consecutive year, Dexus has raised funds for children’s hospitals around Australia through a national campaign hosted at its retail centres to raise funds for children’s hospitals around Australia, this year raising $51,000.
Throughout August 2018, ten Dexus shopping centres nationally hosted a one-day community event that collected a gold coin donation upon entry to the centre.
All funds raised within the centres were donated to the local hospital in their trade area to support a range of paediatric service and children’s health care initiatives, such as the revitalisation of a children’s garden in Mount Druitt, New South Wales through to the purchase of a new medical equipment for the children’s ward at GV Health Hospital, Shepparton, Victoria.
Dexus National Marketing and Business Manager, Ben Hughes said: “‘BIG Change for small change’ galvanised local communities to help us to make a difference to the lives of children and their families by supporting the important work of local hospitals and children’s wards around the country.
“Our campaign has raised over $100,000 in donations over the past two years the community initiative has been running, and is an important way for Dexus to give back and make a difference to our wider community.
“The event was made possible through the efforts of a range of contributors including retailers, volunteers, local community organisations, event suppliers, media partners and, importantly, our customers.”
‘BIG Change for small change’ was delivered at the following centres throughout August 2018:
- Smithfield Shopping Centre, Cairns, supporting the Far North Queensland Hospital Fund
- Willows Shopping Centre, Townsville, supporting the Townsville Hospital Foundation
- Tweed City Shopping Centre, Tweed Heads South, supporting Tweed Heads Hospital
- Beenleigh Marketplace, Beenleigh, supporting Logan Hospital
- Deepwater Plaza, Woy Woy, supporting Gosford and Wyong Hospitals
- Plumpton Marketplace, Plumpton, supporting Mount Druitt Hospital
- Shepparton Marketplace, Shepparton, supporting GV Health Hospital
- QV Melbourne, supporting Royal Children’s Hospital
- Galleria Melbourne, supporting Royal Children’s Hospital
- Carillon City, Perth, supporting Perth Children’s Hospital