30 April 2019
March 2019 quarter portfolio update
Dexus today announced its property portfolio operational update for the quarter ended 31 March 2019.
Darren Steinberg, Dexus Chief Executive Officer said: “This quarter, we have achieved milestones across leasing, development, funds management, transactions and capital management.
“We also announced the sale out of a non-core market and increased investment into a core market with the acquisition of the MLC Centre in Sydney, consistent with our commitment to drive investment performance for Dexus investors and our capital partners.”
- Leased 41,874 square metres1 of office space and 19,225 square metres of office development space across 93 transactions with office portfolio occupancy increasing to 97.5%
- Leased 46,193 square metres1 of industrial space across 19 transactions, with industrial portfolio occupancy increasing to 96.9%
- Announced the acquisition of the remaining 50% interest in the MLC Centre, Sydney jointly with Dexus Wholesale Property Fund (DWPF), which subsequently settled on 1 April 2019
- Conditionally exchanged contracts to sell Dexus’s 100% interest in 11 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park for $231.2 million2 and in April 2019, exchanged contracts to sell Finlay Crisp Centre5, Canberra for $62 million2
- Post quarter end, Healthcare Wholesale Property Fund (HWPF) received a major equity commitment of $100 million which is subject to FIRB approval
- Dexus was again recognised by Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality