Future Enabled Customers
As part of our commitment to customer service and innovation, we offer destinations that support our customers' businesses and enhance employee engagement.
Dexus has more than 5,000 customers across our portfolio, varying in size from small businesses to major corporate and government organisations:
- Office - major corporate tenants such as Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Rio Tinto, IBM Australia Limited and government operations
- Industrial - some of the world's leading brands such as Wesfarmers Limited, Blackwoods, Roche and Symbion
- Retail - major retailers such as Myer, David Jones, Big W, Target, Kmart, Woolworths and Coles
What are future enabled customers?
Our customers’ needs are rapidly evolving. To ensure they are equipped for the future, they require agile office space solutions from minutes to years, just-in-time to cater for immediate needs, yet rapidly scalable for future expansion.
Customers are increasingly demanding sustainable infrastructure to align with their environmental and social responsibility requirements as well as their own business drivers.
They expect high levels of customer service and seek property partners that can innovate and adapt to capitalise on business opportunities and maximise productivity.
Our customers also engage, empower and prioritise their employees and seek a whole customer experience that focuses on building amenities, precinct liveability and occupant health and wellbeing.
We pride ourselves on delivering the best customer experience in Australian real estate.
We provide a coordinated and integrated customer experience. Dexus's customer experience strategy and customer service charter is focused on enhancing the tenant experience to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction. Our objectives are delivered through five implementation approaches:
- Partnering with customers to meet their needs and deliver exceptional customer service
- Community – creating a hub for building occupants and visitors through events, concierge services and sustainability initiatives facilitated by community managers and retail onsite centre management teams
- Products and services - providing a range of value added services at its properties to support comfort and productivity
- Customer insights – connecting with customers to collect and respond to their feedback, as well as provide them with relevant information and services
- Intelligent buildings – operating safe, efficient, connected, high-performing assets
Dexus sets annual performance commitments to drive continuous improvement in line with our Sustainability Approach:
- Expand our customer offering to include products and services that enable our customers to respond to the dynamically evolving workplace
- Create tenant communities within and around our buildings through the implementation of more than 100 initiatives each year across our office portfolio, with experiences focused on wellbeing
- Adopt smart building technology at the 100 Mount Street, North Sydney development and within office retrofits to create flexible and adaptable buildings that improve the connectivity and experience for our customers
Material issues relating to our customers include:
- Market volatility: Market volatility risks affecting retail, office and industrial leasing including balancing supply and demand and absorption of new spaces, which may affect leasing terms, rents and vacancy rates
- Customer attraction, satisfaction and retention: Engagement with customers and the quality of service they receive may impact Dexus's ability to attract and retain customers, and influence the terms of their lease agreements
Implementing our approach
We have developed an experience which we call Workspace Dexus that is designed to provide flexibility, and make working simple and easy for our customers.
Our product and service offering includes; car parking and sharing solutions, priority access to childcare, flexible meeting and training facilities and event space which genuinely add value to our customers.
We are dedicated to creating sustainable and professional communities where businesses choose to stay, and new customers desire to be. We have had a strong response to our approach with more than 25,000 community members engaged via our Workspace online portal.
Occupant health, safety and wellbeing
Dexus implements a safety management system that is certified against OHSAS 18001 to address work health, safety and liability (WHS&L) property risks.
Customer involvement is critical for ensuring a safe and productive workplace environment. We engage with customers to identify, assess and mitigate workplace hazards/impacts, review risk processes, introduce or change monitoring procedures and propose changes to premises, work systems, plant or substances used.
Dexus actively promotes occupant wellbeing by delivering healthy, productive working lifestyles and environments to employees, customers and communities.
Best practice leasing
Dexus has played a leading role in developing the Better Building Partnership’s (BBP) green leasing standard and Gold Lease badge, which defines a best practice approach for building owners and occupants to collaborate on sustainability initiatives, encourages information sharing and cooperation and removes barriers to implementing mutually agreed improvements over time. Dexus’s lease is Gold rated under the BBP leasing standard, which is the highest level available. This enables an active partnership been us and our customers and seeks to deliver better environmental outcomes and reduce outgoings.
Additional information on how we implement our management approach is available within our Customers and Community Disclosures on Management Approach.
Measuring our performance
Dexus’s annual Performance Pack provides the most comprehensive review of current trends for key metrics, with historical comparison spanning the past five years.