Seeking to build on energy efficiency improvements across its office portfolio, Dexus has implemented a ‘virtual engineering’ program, the latest innovation in its building operations.
The virtual engineer program uses smart data to perform around the clock monitoring of each building’s performance. Real-time information about building management operations enables targeted maintenance, allowing buildings to be run more efficiently.
Commencing in 2015, Dexus has rolled out the virtual engineering program across 44 office properties, centralising 240,000 data points into a single platform.
Since its introduction, the virtual engineering program has:
- Reduced energy use resulting in cost savings
- Increased NABERS energy ratings
- Improved tenant amenity and comfort
- Reduced time and cost of maintenance
- Optimised performance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and systems
- Improved equipment life cycle reports and capital expenditure planning