Leveraging the scale of Dexus's Brisbane office portfolio, Dexus was able to satisfy the needs of its customers' workspace requirements across four properties.
- Impacted by the mining downturn, several Dexus customers in the Brisbane office portfolio were facing significant business challenges and were looking to sub-lease large areas of space
- Dexus identified an opportunity to fulfil a State Government requirement for 15,000 square metres
- In a complex negotiation, Dexus worked across four properties it owns and manages in its Brisbane portfolio to satisfy Queensland Government’s leasing requirement and enable existing customers to relinquish unused space
- In May 2016 Dexus secured leasing across 18,000 square metres, including a long term lease to Queensland Government across 14,000 square metres at AM60, increasing building occupancy to 100% and WALE from 2.9 years to 6.4 years
- Dexus provided workspace solutions to customers at 60 Albert Street, 12 Creek Street, 10 Eagle Street and 480 Queen Street with zero downtime, including three lease surrenders
- Dexus simultaneously satisfied the requirements of a number its customers, strengthening relationships and providing further opportunities to leverage the national portfolio