Willows Shopping Centre, Townsville
Willows Shopping Centre is located in Townsville’s growth corridor in the suburb of Kirwan, delivering a relaxed modern lifestyle destination.
Willows is transforming with a $77 million development and upon completion in late 2017 will become a leading retail destination in the region. A refurbished Woolworths and a new Market Court experience along with the arrival of Harris Scarfe, a large format Cotton On, plus 20 new specialty retailers will ensure Willows is the shopping centre of choice.
Market at a glance
- $1.4 billion in estimated retail sales across the main trade area in 2016.
- Forecast to increase to $2.1 billion retail sales by 2026.
- 106,020 residents estimated in the main trade area, including 45,400 in the primary trade area.
- 2.2% population growth rate for the main trade area from 2016 – 2018.
- $93,972 is the average household income in the main trade area with an average age of 32.4 years old.
- Target customer segment: young families.
Source: MacroPlan Dimasi Report January 2017.
- 45,809 sqm of retail space.
- 4 Majors; Coles, Woolworths, Target & Big W.
- 4 Mini Majors; Best & Less JB Hi-Fi, Priceline Pharmacy & Harris Scarfe.
- Over 130 specialty stores.
- Average $8,877 specialty sales per square metre.
- Over 5 million people movements a year.
Source: MacroPlan Dimasi Report January 2017; Dexus sales report, tenancy schedule, December 2016.