Smithfield Shopping Centre, Cairns
Smithfield Shopping Centre is the largest shopping centre north of Cairns and lies at the gateway to the Cairns Beaches, Cairns Highlands and Port Douglas. Situated 15km north of Cairns International Airport, the centre is anchored by Coles, Woolworths, Kmart and Dan Murphy's, plus over 110 specialty and service retailers.
With a proud history of being a community hub, Smithfield offers shoppers access to fresh food, fashion and a focus on everyday needs in a convenient setting.
In 2017, Smithfield Shopping Centre will launch a lifestyle precinct that mirrors the unique spirit of the Northern Beaches. The introduction of a new cinema and outdoor dining offer will enhance the retail centre and provide a point of difference in the market, set to provide a family friendly, casual dining and leisure offer unparalleled within the area.
Market at a glance
- $940 million in estimated retail sales across the main trade area in 2016.
- Forecast retail sales to increase to $1.4 billion by 2026.
- 130,400 residents estimated in the total trade area.
- $83,427 is the average household income in the main trade area with an average age of 36.5 years old.
- Target customer segments include: couples with dependent children and couples without children.
Source: MacroPlan Dimasi Report January 2017.
- 4 Majors; Kmart, Woolworths, Coles & Event Cinemas.
- 3 Mini Majors; Dan Murphy's, Best & Less and The Reject Shop.
- Over 100 specialty stores.
- Average $9,362 specialty sales per square metre.
- Over 4.7 million people movements a year.
Source: MacroPlan Dimasi Report January 2017; Dexus sales report, tenancy schedule, December 2016.