Gateway Sydney is a landmark dining precinct, located in the heart of Circular Quay. An $80 million major redevelopment has transformed the precinct into a bustling dining destination open seven days a week from early until late. The precinct opened in September 2016.
The precinct sits at the base of Gateway Tower totaling 42,000 square meters, as well as an underground car park accommodating 210 vehicles.
Gateway has a strong brand offering from key known retailers such as the Burger Project, Chat Thai, Gelato Messina and Din Tai Fung to name a few.
Located on the harbour’s edge with unrivalled transport connectivity to train, buses, ferries and imminently the light rail, this dining precinct is perfectly positioned to target a strong CBD population and tourists visiting the area.
Market at a glance
- The total retail market in 2016 is forecast at $413 million, rising to $436 million in 2018.
- The largest component of expenditure is on food and beverage, which is expected to account for $162 million by 2018.
- Personal and household incomes well above benchmarks – in excess of $100,000 per annum.
- Target customer segments include: CBD workers, tourists and Sydney residents.
Source: Urbis Report, Gateway Retail, August 2013; economy.id.com.au/sydney.
- 3 levels of dining, cafes, restaurants, bars and a food court.
- 28 brands on show.
- Exposure to the Circular Quay precinct.
- Connected to local transport including trains, buses, ferries and the new light rail project.